Come along on my faith-based, encouraging, and humorous journey as the Lord Heals me from the invasion of breast cancer.

Monday, March 25, 2013

My Stony Heart


This road to healing is a rocky path. I have asked the Lord to create in me a clean heart. And He is. But He is also overturning some major rocks in my heart. A big one emerged yesterday. Rebellion. Yuch.
I wrote my devotion on it this morning. You can click here and read it.

Since the disease that has attacked me is actually nothing more than cells in rebellion, it is imperative I deal with the rebellion in my heart. So I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do with me as He cleans me up and gives me a heart of flesh for my stony heart.

I like the picture for today. It reminds me of the Sea of Galilee but is actually Joe Pool Lake in Cedar Hill, Texas, close to where I  live. Might have to go out there in a few days.

I believe I am healed. Had wonderful prayer at church last night. I know I am healed. Praise the Lord. He is good and His mercy is forevermore.

Which brings me to another thing the Lord has impressed on me, Who do I say Jesus is?  How do I really see Him? In my head, I know the right answers, but in my heart I think I haven't reached out to just Who He is. The woman with the issue of blood, she knew who she was reaching out to. She knew that if she but touched the hem of His garment she would be healed. She knew who she was dealing with.

So that is where I am at today. Just who do I say Jesus is?
The Lord of Lords, King of Kings. My healer, The One who Provides, The One who holds me in His hands. The One who holds life.

That is my contemplation for the day. I desire to see Who Jesus is. Not just with my mind, but with my heart of hearts.

Verse of the day

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment