Come along on my faith-based, encouraging, and humorous journey as the Lord Heals me from the invasion of breast cancer.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A New Life is Dawning


                                                  Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

I believe I have been given a chance to turn my life over and live it in newness. I have turned from my zombie Christian life of existence and am excited by my new life walking in the spirit. Though I was born again and filled with His Spirit years ago, the turmoil busyness of life sucked the life out of me until I was merely going through the day, trying to get things done and then start over the following morning. Hamster wheel living.

So what has changed? 

I am alive! God has opened my eyes when I read His Word and it is alive to me. My spirit is pumping new life into me.

I'll be honest, it is a daily struggle to stay there. A struggle with my flesh and the busyness of the world. I dash out of the house with  my time with the Lord left for later. A time which rarely comes. 
Either I meet with Him in the morning, or it is likely not to happen.

God is the God of firsts.

But I am excited to see what He is going to do. I see others waking up too. We live in such exciting, although treacherous, times. 

I feel great and am exercising now. Bouncing on the mini trampoline. Supposedly if you do 2 minutes of rebounding that will flush your lymphatic system. Best it to do it every hour. That is not easy, but do it as often as you can.

I realize this new life will also result in a change of eating. No more cokes, fast food is out, and veggies and fruit are in. But I want to walk in health that the Lord provides in the foods He has given us. I want to have the energy to do what He has called me to do.

So onward! Fight the good fight! Trust in the Lord for He is our Victory! And through Him we overcome the world. And sin. and the wiles of the devil. 

WE WIN!

Scripture for the day

2 Corinthians 4:10-11

10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment